Thursday, 14 February 2008

I'm Back!!

Yippee I finally got that latest pesky piece of course work done and handed in. I have now just a massive 5000 words literature review, a presentation on the application of medical microbiology to diagnosis, and my Msc project proposal to finish and then I'm done for this academic year. So not much left harhar! I'm getting good marks which makes the workload easier to bear.
I have been so busy with the course that I haven't had a minute to blog, plus I found out about facebook which is mega addictive so any spare computing time I have been messing about on there. Thankyou both for your lovely encouraging comments on carry on camping. It was a fun holiday despite the weather and we fully intend to repeat the experience this year,(not with the rain I hope!) We did manage to get a proper holiday for a couple of days when we went to Disneyland Paris in November and had a wicked but absolutely freezing time. Now we have no money its back to life under canvas!
Sad to see in the news the wind down of the hunt for little Maddy Mcann, I still pray for her and hope that whatever fate she has suffered she is at peace now. It breaks my heart to say this but I believe she is probably dead and to be honest I hope she is not alive and suffering at the hands of sick paedophiles. I think we all have to learn from this horrible situation and hope her family can find peace too.
Life in the madcap family isn't all that great at the moment, my Father is suffering from Alzheimers and has been taken off the medication that was giving him some semblence of normal brain function. It wasn't doing any good and was possibly heightening his anxiety so the doctors felt that it was time to stop. The trouble is that now we are seeing the true picture of life in Dad's brain. He barely knows any of us properly and has no concentration at all. My brother has stopped coming home entirely because I guess he feels that he either makes Dad worse or that he just doesn't want to face it. My Mum is coping really well but I can see how hard it is for her. She gets some respite every four weeks when he goes into a EMI unit to give her a two week break. Last weekend was bad and I am ashamed to say that it took its toll on me and I cried in front of my daughter, something I promised myself I wouldn't do.
Still best not to be too maudlin about it. We tend to find funny things in spite of all the heartache and are able to laugh about them.
Work is a bit shit because my last best filth comrade debunked to a different hospital and I miss him desperately. It was bad enough when Donna left. So if you ever read this Iain just know that whatever you do and wherever you are you still have a filthy friend in me! He is obviously missing us too though coz we are all going out soon for drinks. Oh you can leave us but we never truly let you go! Same goes for you too Donna!
Anyway time to crack on Best wishes jolly readers if you haven't given up on me. I fully intend to write a novel you know!!!!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Hey Bex, good to see you blogging again!!

Isn't Queen Bee due to retire soon? If that's who you mean. Not sure who the welsh joker is but am guessing his wife works in the office?

I'm sorry that nasty Iain has left you filthless, you know I didn't want to go either but it was the right decision. I've been getting some really good help lately and believe that there is a breakthrough on the verge of breaking through at last!!!

Donna said...

Happy Valentines Day too!!

Nina said...

Hi Bex, this is great, you being back blogging! Thanks for giving me a visit, I will be posting again soon, just have to get some chores done here, ack.

I wish you all the best, for your father, and mother, and your family. My husband went through the Alzheimers with his mother. I know it's hard to see your brother responding the way he is, hard to understand sometimes. My husband has 10 siblings, and some of them couldn't/wouldn't visit their mother. Everyone has a different way they deal with emotional stuff. It can hurt, when you feel you need that person's support.

Please don't be afraid to cry in front of your daughter. I went through a period of time like that with my first son. Finally, I got all choked up one time as we watched a disney movie, of all things (okay, it was "Dumbo"). He just looked at me and the tears coming as though seeing it for the first time--when I realised how long it had been.

Your feelings are normal, and your child will learn from you how to handle different situations and the accompanying emotions. And that you are okay, even when you feel sad or upset. I know your sense of humour will take you far, too. :)

Hey, good luck in your work. Sorry your buddies have bailed on you! ;)

I look forward to seeing if you can write a longer blog post than this reply, hahaha!