One of my many passions in life is music,I listen to just about anything and absolutely love singing.However most of the people who surround me in this journey are not too fond of my singing and so I have joined a course to discover my singing voice. If I discover that I have one I will be smugness personified in work and will sing at any given opportunity, If I discover that I don't have one I will lie to my colleagues and assault their eardrums out of spite!
I have been attending this course for some time now and made some lovely friends who are all very polite about my singing, in fact last week while I was attempting to visit the ballet with my mother, they said they missed me! Are they just being polite or do I actually contribute to the group hmmm?
Tonight we sang a rabble rousing chorus of Bohemian Rhapsody, a reasonable attempt at Rhythm of Life and then launched into Sunrise Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof. This immediately took me back to one of the most embarrassing episodes of my teenage years.
After I was mercilessly bullied in the worst high school in North Wales, my wonderful parents scrimped and saved to send me to the local private convent school to get me away from the evil children and hopefully rescue my flagging academic career. The convent was a lovely school with Nuns and a Christmas Pantomime that everyone was required to take part in no matter how limited their acting,singing or dancing ability. The head teacher was a Nun with shattered dreams of being an actress
and was trying to relive them through us.It was obvious who her favourites were and they always got the plum parts. I was always in the chorus at the back where no one could see me make a hash of the steps.
One year our Dance teacher decided we should do a routine to Sunrise Sunset. They we were all holding hands in a circle and on the rise we stretched up and moved inwards and on the set we settled back down away from each other. This was all going well until she couldn't decide how to finish the sequence, she asked us for ideas and before my brain could engage my mouth blurted out "we could always go down" Oh the shame, the rest of the class, who obviously were more worldly than me, collapsed in a fit of the giggles, and I red faced with humilation had no idea what they were laughing about. It didn't help that the Teacher found it incredibly funny also. What I meant as I'm sure you have guessed is that we all drop to the ground in a settling kind of way. She used my idea though and I bet she pretended it was her idea, the cow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
All I can say to that is "Oooooo-errrrrrr!!!!!"
Post a Comment