Ok so this is the first post on a completely new blog which is all about my incredibly mad life. I hope there are some people out there with a life as surreal and hectic as mine.
First let me introduce myself to the blogger community. My name is Bex and I torture microbes for a living. I was introduced to blogging by another completely mad friend called Donna who has a blog about knitting andThe Mighty Boosh and Bono and Richard Hammond who is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Anyway I was reading her blog just now and took some sort of Tarot card test and found out that Iwas the Moon like her, so I wanted to post a comment on her blog to tell her only I am a bit computer illiterate and so the next thing I know I'm creating my own blog.
If anyone reads this you probably think I'm barking by now and you'd be right. So I'm not really sure what my blog will be about but it will find its way in the end.
So mad familys this is todays subject or thought for the day
Do we inevitably end up like our Mothers and will our daughters end up the same way?
My Mother is bonkers, not just ordinary scatty mother stuff but really quite doolally, and its bothering me that with all my paranoid ramblings I may become her one day (sorry Mum!)
For example,and this is not just an isolated incident,on Tuesday we were off to watch Swan Lake at a local theatre. Now my Mother is well known amongst my family and friends as being a little late for most things. Ok actually she is a lottle late for everything. The saying " Late for your own funeral " was actually invented with my Mother in mind. So I told her that I would be at her house for six fifteen and wanted her my Dad and her friend to be ready to leave at that time.
I arrived at ten past six, she was ready to go and after I picked myself off the floor we set off to the Theatre. We made good time arriving at the venue at seven pm, the show started at seven thirty. My mother was magnificent in her smugness for being not just on time but early. I asked her if she had the tickets and she replied that of course she had the tickets and to stop going on. We sat down with a drink and Mum announced she was off to buy a programme. Two seconds later she returns in a bit of a flap. My initial thought was that she didn't have the tickets at all, but no she did have them, we were just in the WRONG Theatre!
We then had a crazy journey to the proper theatre with much laughter at my poor Mothers expense to arrive ten minutes late for the ballet.
This was the icing on the cake for a day that had started reasonably well but then gone downhill in a big way. I had taken a half day to visit my Daughters new school, So I had lunch with my work buddies and then headed to my car to pick up said Daughter from Nursery to take her for a visit and then the plan was to do a food shop and feed the Daughter before Hubby arrived home to take over while I Swanned off to the ballet excuse the pun!
I got to my car and pressed the remote central locking device and went to get in, except that the car had only unlocked on one side and when I opened the door the alarm started to go off. Now anyone who knows me will know that I have a lousy track record with cars. They always go wrong so my first thought was automatically one of extreme drama."The electrics have gone, the immobilizer is stuck on, its going to cost, I'm going to be without a car, why did I not take out full AA membership with automatic courtesy car"(other roadside assitance providers are available). All this went through my mind and then after kicking the car a few times I popped the bonnet. I then put it back down again as I know nothing about cars and so probably wouldn't know what to do anyway, besides it was messy.
Then I called the AA, then I called the Nursery but couldn't get through, then I called my Mum and ranted at her because she is good like that.
Forty minutes later a nice man, a very nice man, a very very nice man, (sorry couldn't resist)
came to my rescue and told me that the reason the alarm had gone off was because the battery had died. I hadn't left my lights on so I wondered what could have caused it. After fiddling for a bit with diagnostics and stuff I noticed that although the alarm wasn't going off anymore, the indicators were still flashing and asked if they were supposed to do that. He fiddled a bit more and then grinned and reached into the car to switch off my hazard warning lights.
My lovely three year old Daughter must have switched them on when I was walking round to her side to get her out earlier and because I was distracted I hadn't noticed and then of course when you lock the car with the remote device the indicators flash which is quite normal so I didn't notice then!
Thursday, 22 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Bex, great first post. There is a good blog called www.wifeinthenorth.com that is worth checking out.
Still waiting for news on the Hislop arrival!!
i will definitely check that one out!
Post a Comment