Friday, 30 March 2007

the eagle has landed


Well baby Robert Alexander Hislop has finally decided to grace the world with his presence and the world is a better place! After speaking to the proud father I can only say that I have the utmost respect for Mummy Hislop as she did the whole thing with no pain relief.
My own birth experience was probably a far less gruelling one as mine came out of the sun roof! The after effects were a bit tiresome, not being able to drive for 6 weeks after, having to stay in hospital for a week, extremely embarrassing wind due to the rather unpleasant fact that they (the evil doctors) pump you full of air when stitching you up so they can see where everything is supposed to go. The pain relief for the belly wound was blinking awful too (voltarol suppositries) I think you can guess what the side effects of those were!!!!!
The actual birth was however lovely, like being draped in a hot heavy duvet and then being handed my daughter.If I have any more I think I will opt for the sunroof option again. The alternative looks far too painful and as my lovely sister said to me, "they don't call it labour for nothing"

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Well, your sister is right, but on the other hand, recovery is much quicker after a down under delivery. If men gave birth, there would be a third way I'm sure.

Unknown said...

i simply must have ur c.diff song it would mean alot to suffering teens it's hilarous maybe u could email me....